Early summer is the perfect time to eat good pissaladier. It’s often confused with onion pie, but Cyril Lignac has some tips for making the traditional pie every time.
For this recipe to work, follow these directions:
– Prepare pissalat, anchovy paste mixed with olive oil.
– Cook and caramelize the onions.
– Prepare the dough: 250 g flour, water, yeast and a tablespoon of olive oil.
– Knead, then rest and push the dough.
– Put the onion and pissalat on the dough.
– Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
– Add olives.
Chef’s tip: use sweet onions “to caramelize naturally with the sugar in the onions”. You can also eat your pissaladière with a glass of rosé or sweet white wine. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
Do you have any questions for Cyril Lignac? Idea for a recipe? react herethe chef will reply to you in his column every morning at 8:55.