Every Sunday at the Sunday Table, Laurent Mariotte, his reviewers and guests share their best recipes with us.
– 1 brill about 3 kg (can be replaced with other fish, flounder, flounder, flounder ….)
– 2 kg early potatoes
– 2 heads of garlic
– 8 shallots
– 100 g butter + 400 g meniere butter
– 100 g flour
– 1 bunch of parsley
– 2 squeezed lemons
Recipe for 8 people:
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place potatoes in a bowl with halved garlic cloves and drizzle with oil. Salt and bake for 30 minutes.
- For the shallots, place them in a second bowl on top of a bed of coarse salt and cook for 17 minutes. Cut them in half when they come out of the oven.
- Cook the fish as you wish (pieces, fillets, whole…), feel free to ask the seller to do it for you.
- Place the flour on a plate, put the fish pieces in and tap them to remove the excess flour.
- Melt 100 g of butter in a frying pan, add fish pieces when the butter becomes frothy, and let it brown a little. Turn the pieces over and continue cooking over low heat, waiting a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the fish pieces on a plate.
- Put the butter that was used to cook the fish in a saucepan, add the rest of the butter and fry.
- Add the lemon juice removed from the heat and strain through a sieve or, if not, a coffee filter placed in a colander. Add the parsley and sprinkle generously over the fish. Serve with potatoes and shallots.
Fish meniere and new potatoes from Nolwenn Korre, renowned chef of the Hostellerie de la Pointe Saint-Mathieu (Finistère):