A recent study showed that a healthy diet increases life expectancy by 10 years! What to offer a daily menu rich in fruits and vegetables, fish, raw nuts, antioxidants and more. So if you’re looking for a healthy recipe that’s quick and easy to make, we’ve got a great deal for you. How about a nice pea soup to treat yourself to a light, vitamin-packed meal? Read on to discover our 4 delicious ideas to cook in two steps and three steps!
Pea soup Thermomix
Nothing beats a thermomix soup recipe that’s easy to treat after a long day. On the program today: peas, smoked lard and potatoes. Let’s go to !
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 180 g onion, cut into quarters
- 5 g rosemary (leaves only)
- 20 g garlic
- 1300 ml hot tap water + additional 400 ml
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth paste
- 500 g chopped smoked bacon
- 200 g diced potatoes
- 700 g frozen peas
Place the onion, rosemary and garlic in the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 9. Then add 1300 ml of water and the vegetable stock paste. Place the steamer basket and put the chopped smoked bacon into it. Pour an additional 200 ml of water into the bowl and cook for 50 minutes at 100 degrees and speed 3.
Remove the steamer basket and set the bacon aside. Add potatoes to broth and cook 20 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2. Meanwhile, use a fork and tongs to remove the meat from the bones. Then put the peas in the soup and add the remaining 200 ml of hot water. Cook 7 minutes/speed 2. Whip the soup for two minutes, starting on speed 3 and ending on speed 9. Return the bacon to the soup.
Peas and mint
Need an idea for a fresh dish that smells good in summer? Therefore, pea soup with mint is created especially for you. And here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 25 grams butter
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups (750 grams) peeled fresh peas (or frozen)
- 1 cup (75 g) mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 75 grams freshly grated Parmesan
Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan. Then add the onion and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until soft but not browned. Keep stirring so the onion doesn’t burn. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the following ingredients: 3 3/4 cups (562 g) peas, 2 3/4 cups (750 ml) stock and mint leaves. Cover with a lid and cook at a medium boil for 10 minutes.
When the soup is ready, transfer about 3/4 of the amount to the blender bowl (do not fill it to the top) and beat until a thick puree is obtained. Return to the pot, season with salt and pepper and add the remaining peas and broth. Cook for 5 minutes and make sure the added vegetables are well cooked.
To serve, first grate a small amount of Parmesan cheese into the center of a slightly warmed bowl. Pour the hot soup over the cheese and drizzle with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Pea and zucchini soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, coarsely chopped
Stages of preparation:
1. First, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add onion to it, as well as garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
2. Add zucchini, potatoes, broth and salt. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Then add the peas, lemon zest and mint and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the peas float to the top.
4. When the soup is ready, mix it and sprinkle with mint leaves and ground black pepper.
Recipe for cold pea soup with turmeric
Here’s a gourmet cold soup recipe idea that will help you beat the summer heat in the near future! Get the following ingredients:
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 package (about 280 g) frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sauté the onion and thyme for about five minutes. Then add the garlic and turmeric and fry for another minute. Then transfer this mixture to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add peas and selected broth. Beat until smooth and velvety. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly chopped dill.